Email spam from forum

Hi, I getting around 30 emails a day from the forum any time anyone comments on a thread I've also commented in.

It's annoying.

I've switched all my notifications off, unlocked any threads I've followed, and yet the emails still come.

The emails do not have an 'unsubscribe' button (isn't that illegal?) so I can't do it that way.

Please can someone tell me how to make them stop before I delete my account?

Comments

• I have done the same thing with the notifications as well and still get them all, would like to know a fix too since I usually pop in at least once a day anyway. Also I'm sorry for this email that will be sent to you as well lol

• Xenith_IncXenith_Inc Posts: 32

Yup, email like clockwork!

• JadeNJadeN Posts: 19 Mod
    edited October 2018

Hey there - I'm really sorry if this causes another email. @ODog is looking into this.

It did :) and thanks!

Hi, just seeing if there's any update? I'm still getting spammed.

• BokehBotBokehBot Posts: 39

I guess Play Fusion doesn't read our feedback since the forum is all spam bots anyways :P

• slowreflexslowreflex Posts: 22Moderator Mod

Have you turned off your notifications here? I believe blank is Enabled and Dark is disabled.

If you have "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." Enabled, make sure you check your Bookmarks here.

I'm also trying to deal with the Spammers and I know PF is looking into this as well.

• NarkonNarkon Posts: 16
    I never had a problem with notifications, and I left the settings as they were upon joining the forum.
    To reduce the amount of spam posting, they should limit the number of discussions a new member can create to 1/day for the first week,
  • push push
    Forum is still full with spam / spam bots.

• ODogODog Posts: 24 Staff

looking into it at current

• ODogODog Posts: 24 Staff

Also if you go to edit profile and edit preferences you can change your notification settings :)

@ODog, please double check my first post. I deselected all email notifications. Yet I still get them.

Has any solution been found?

Edit: I found the solution: Block sender.

• 4BitBaker4BitBaker Posts: 83Moderator Mod

Hi Xenith_Inc

Let us know if this persists so we can chase our forum company about the problem that's occurring with you