Last Stand

I have a question regarding the Last Stand mechanic. I did a search on the forums and found a couple posts but none that answered my question so I am posting it here.

It was my understanding that if a unit has a Last Stand ability, that ability is triggered no matter how that unit leaves the field, but I have noticed lately in the digital game it doesn't seem to be working that way. So my question is:

Does Last Stand trigger if...
a) the unit rotates past its last corner and leaves the field?
b) the unit is removed from the field by an effect of my opponent's?
c) the unit is removed from the field by an effect of mine?

As I said, I have always thought it was all 3, but that no longer seems to be the case in the digital game.

Comments

• DarkCornflakeDarkCornflake Posts: 35
    Last Stand triggers when the unit is removed through an effect (either yours or the opponents), rotating out past its last corner does not trigger Last Stand.
  • A : no B: yes C:yes (unless ability exhaust unit )
  • Cornix42Cornix42 Posts: 49

Hello @Phaeton both @DarkCornflake & @monkeyattackwoof are correct.

Last Stand triggers when the unit is "Removed" (keyword in black box in the text), by an effect from either player. Rotating 360 or past its last corner (either by you or opponent) is being "Exhausted" hence does not trigger Last Stand.

I hope that helps your current situation and arms you for future releases too. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Luke

• QestroyQestroy Posts: 12
    edited November 2018
    Anyone had any luck with last stand decks? I've tried it a couple of times but just seem to wreck myself
  • @Qestroy I have tried to make a Last Stand deck, but I never managed to get things to line up properly, it requires so much planning ahead! Hopefully the next set will have more cards to make this strategy work, since Last Stand is one of the main themes of Chaos.
  • keinPonyhofkeinPonyhof Posts: 7
    I need to remove my units anyway to do my Quests so Last Stand is very nice and i need more Units doing it.