Marketing

Is there a reason for the little marketing done? It seems that not a lot of people have any knowledge of this game's existence even though it is less than 2 weeks to launch! I guess I'm just perplexed.

Comments

• I think a lot of it is going out through the demo days and the Facebook stuff. I think the assumption here is that most people that will be interested in the game will be people that already follow/are into Warhammer Age of Sigmar (or Warhammer in general).

For people like me, who are just huge TCG fans, we kind of have to just stumble across it. Which is why it might feel like there is "little" marketing. I'm not sure what your background is or how you found out about the game, but that has been my experience with it so far.

I plan on trying to rep the game within my own community and put some content out there for it on YouTube once launch happens. I would also assume that GenCon will be a pretty big marketing push for them as well.

• kellfakellfa Posts: 58 ✭✭

I might be wrong but from what I've heard and figured Games Workshop is basically making them keep their lips sealed till certain days to announce certain things so they can only say as much till 2 weeks away and then some more till 1 week away. I just hope it wont hurt them as bad because the game is looking amazing and fun plus you are able to play online with the cards you get with their digital version similar to how Pokemon TCG has it which is a nice add ^^.

• I only found out because a small YouTube channel covered the little info there is.

Hopefully closer to launch, or at launch, bigger channels like Arch Warhammer or UnsleevedMedia(I hear he's looking for TCGs that aren't MTG) will cover it.

And 7 days before the release is when most YouTube channels get 'test' products to show off, or at least that how it seems to me. Hope it wont be too late for the LGSs to get some product in for launch.
  • GlassHalfDeadGlassHalfDead Posts: 45 ✭✭

@Maximus said:
    Hey guys, there is a lot more information coming over the next 10 days :)

Right in time with GWs release schedule! I guess our suspicions were correct ;)
    Looking forward to what comes now!

• FabSTFabST Posts: 15

@Maximus Did you guys change the official twitter handle? I cannot reach the twitter page by clicking on the link at the bottom of the official website (https://twitter.com/AgeofSigmarTCG) ;)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0

Thanks for the heads up ill get it changed! lol

• NaughtRobotNaughtRobot Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    To be honest I haven't heard of this game until today when I saw an ad on YouTube and I forgot to click the "skip ad" button.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 158Moderator Mod

@NaughtRobot

This game has not done a lot to get its name out there. I just talked to the owner at my LGS today and he had no clue about this game. For those of us to happen across it really are the ones that need to make it known with our play groups/gaming community. Once I get me founders pack I will be sitting at the game store all day trying to get new people to give it a try. I really want this to take off and last.

• JaDatoJaDato Posts: 128Moderator

@Karnage said:
    @NaughtRobot

This game has not done a lot to get its name out there. I just talked to the owner at my LGS today and he had no clue about this game. For those of us to happen across it really are the ones that need to make it known with our play groups/gaming community. Once I get me founders pack I will be sitting at the game store all day trying to get new people to give it a try. I really want this to take off and last.

What we, as a community have to remember is – This game is premiering at Gen Con, one of, if not the largest Table Top Gaming Convention. They have quite a few starter events. I am sure they will have micro demos set up in at least one booth.

Also, Essen in Germany is not far off as well, which is, from what I hear, just as big as Gen Con.

This game will be getting a ton of exposure. Not sure its something to worry about.

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

Well someone has to be the first to say it.

“This game is dead.”

:D

*It’s a meme from the FFG Living Cardgames. Not a real opinion. Stay calm.

@JaDato

I'm not saying AoS is not going to get a lot of great exposure once Gen Con hit's. But with the release of the game being AUG 2nd and the start of Gen Con also AUG 2nd there are a lot of LGS that don't know about this game.
    I'm really hoping that this game steals the show at Gen Con. It would be great, I just feel that the lack of push from distributors will hurt marketing early on. I could see the guys from PlayFusion talking this game up and it being a great hit at Gen Con and telling everyone that it just hit the streets today and will be at a LGS near you, and in my case if I had not found AoS prior to Gen Con I would have gone down to my LGS and found out that they don't know what i'm talking about. So in the end all im really trying to say is that the back channels to the game stores did not get utilized as efficient as they could have been. Cant wait to see what happens at Gen Con and watch everyone get excited much like everyone here on the forums are.

Forgot to mention in that previous post, That it is not only the main LGS I go to but all 3 in my area that did not know about AoS Champions. The closest Store that is going to have it at launch is almost an hour away in portland,OR. I know this will not be the case for most areas. Just sucks that it I can get other people to want to play they will not have immediate access to this great game.

• NagashNagash Posts: 54

I think there is a slight identify problem, I've seen the game called

Warhammer Champions
    Age of Sigmar Champions
    AoS Champions
    Warhammer Age of Sigmar Champions

This is on top of the suffixes

TCG
    Card Game
    Blank

The social media handles reflect this too, as does the website URL. Pick one, and embrace it. It's like the marketing team feel they need to get all the words in otherwise they'll leave out keywords for Googling.

... and the Twitter and Instagram handles were changed but the links on the official page still refer to the old sites and therefore error pages :neutral:

What’s the new Instagram? I just assumed it had been closed and never came back.
    :(

edited July 2018

@Champion
    Here is the Instagram link:
    https://www.instagram.com/aoschampions/

They switched from "AgeOfSigmarTCG" to "AoSChampions".

edited July 2018

@FabST - Thank you so much!

@Karnage - and thank you so much!

Seems like the links on the official website are fixed.
    But the links on the forum page (right down there \/) still reference the old sites.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 15

I wonder how much of a TCGs success is based on marketing or word of mouth via LGS and demo days? They see to be handling the latter relatively well.

• Kindly_InquisitorKindly_Inquisitor Posts: 17
    edited July 2018

Sooo @Maximus. Did you guys send 'TheQuartering' as in 'UnsleevedMedia' a founders pack?
    As seen opened, and a good bunch of cards, here

No1 told him that cards are scannable...

• Bellio36Bellio36 Posts: 1
    The importance of online marketing is exorbitant in all kinds of business scenarios. You just can’t acquire customers without using the marketing techniques. Even I have been running a business blog and a website and I must admit that our sales usually get a boost-up with the paid smm and Google Adwords Campaign Management campaigns.
  • I also guess the name ist too long and not unique enough to idintify it as as a great TCG. The most see WAoS and think, meh not another card game from GW. But it is so uniqe and playable. I realy enjoy it and tried to get more people to the game. But the most are feared by Warhammer -.-
  • ChancethulhuChancethulhu Posts: 11
    While it can be a little tricky to search for online due to the name, there has been a lot of good YouTube content out there.