Where's everyone from?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if there was a discussion or thread elsewhere in regards to this but if not I'll get it started, I am looking forward to this TCG mainly because I am a fan of the warhammer lore and artwork and now I see that they are releasing a TCG (and I've been looking to get into one for quite some time so the timing couldn't be better), I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by! I live in florida currently in the Orlando/Kissimmee area and was wondering if anyone else on the forums is from the same area or a different area all together as I am definitely looking for a few people to play this game with in my local area. Also figure this may be a good place for players to list where they are currently living so they can also find some locals to play with as well! Again if something like this already exists please let me know.

Comments

• JaDatoJaDato Posts: 128Moderator

Dayton, Ohio for me!

• North Carolina here.

I'm gonna add a question to my answer, inspired by @diddleymesoftly 's original post. What got everyone into this game?

I am a huge card game player that has always thought tabletop miniatures were cool, and the Warhammer IP was neat, but never really got into war-gaming. So the tcg side of things was really my draw to the game. What about everyone else?

• TheIronBullTheIronBull Posts: 15

London, England for me

I've really been getting into Warhammer recently, playing Total War Warhammer 2 and Warhammer Vermintide 2. When I saw the trailer for this and looked into it a bit more it was a must buy as I love card games as well

• Belgrade, Serbia here.

Big fan of the 40k lore and had my eye on the fantasy universe because of Vermintide 1 & 2. While I do not dislike AOS like some people, the lack of Settra and Witch Hunting makes me skeptical. That said, the card game by it's nature takes all the best parts of WH, the atmosphere and the art style. Not to mention the mentality. Also Skaven, eventually if not now.

But yeah, found out about this card game for the youtuber 'Dark Titan Enterprises'.
    She's ok. Mostly MTG content and some stuff you rarely find, like fancy dice and fancy dice jewelry.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 158Moderator Mod

Longview, WA

Big fan of all Warhammer 40k and TCG's. AoS Champions look to be a great blend of the two and hope it stays around for a long long time.

• xNanoxxNanox Posts: 35
    edited July 2018
    San Leandro, California.

I am also a card game player who has played some of the Warhammer fantasy miniatures game (I played with dwarves and skaven, though I enjoy the dwarve's flame cannon more) and played some of the Warhammer video games like Vermintide. So when I saw that a Warhammer tcg was coming out, I thought I should try it because it's a brand new one and I kind of have to try at least all card games once. Just wish I had a card store near me that was going to have tournaments and the like.
  • DrPoodsDrPoods Posts: 7
    Melbourne, Australia.

Just looking for a card game to play. Never played Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh or any of those and I'm a big fan of Warhammer and all the rest.

So I saw the promo stuff and thought that I might as well "get in on the ground floor".
  • DvDragonDvDragon Posts: 4
    Omaha, NE

This game is going to be so much fun :) hopefully my area can get a good group going for it.
  • REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

Lincolnshire, UK here!

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭
    Posting from England's balmy south coast.
    @REDARMYSQUIRREL I’d have to get the bus to Lincolnshire right? Too far to walk?
    :D
  • REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

@Champion a plane might be quicker :)

Hmmm. Sounds like a grown up might be required ;)

• Yorkie_JimYorkie_Jim Posts: 7
    Sheffield, UK :)
  • NY NY

• NaughtRobotNaughtRobot Posts: 12
    Syracuse, UT USA
  • davethemonkeydavethemonkey Posts: 5
    just outside Cambridge UK... stumbled across the game at warhammer fest and, one demo game later, was swiftly parted from my heard earned pocket money! a few of us all bought in and have been collectively wearing the carpet out pacing up and down

Are you really a monkey?
    But living in Cambridge you guys could get your Founders packs hand delivered
    :D

• kellfakellfa Posts: 58 ✭✭

Houston TX

• SoleSurvivorSoleSurvivor Posts: 13
    Reva, VA
  • jt_moneyjt_money Posts: 20
    Houston, TX

@kellfa I think Beyond the Dungeon might be planning a release event sometime this week
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 15
    Ireland, but recently moved to London after spending a few years in Japan.
  • kellfakellfa Posts: 58 ✭✭

@jt_money said:
    Houston, TX

@kellfa I think Beyond the Dungeon might be planning a release event sometime this week

Sweet I'll try to come if i get the day off from work ^^ or even just come by after :p

• munkeykungfumunkeykungfu Posts: 26
    Bristol, UK :)
  • DanzarroDanzarro Posts: 5
    Indianapolis, Indiana
  • treant88treant88 Posts: 3
    Southeast mass USA
  • oriongsyoriongsy Posts: 1
    Guernsey, Channel Islands 🇬🇬
  • WhizzwangWhizzwang Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @Yorkie_Jim said:
    > Sheffield, UK :)

A Jim... from Sheffield. Wouldn't happen to run a particularly well known FLGS would you?

Me personally: Huddersfield UK and/or Warrenton VA depending on the time of year.
  • BooneBoone Posts: 10
    Jacksonville, FL here! Hoping for more players out here!!!
  • BoZackBoZack Posts: 6
    Newport, UK! There's a few of us here!
  • morycmoryc Posts: 30
    Krakow , Poland, on board!