Roadmap to Digital Champions - Updated

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2018 in News

UPDATE:

The Closed Beta phase has continued to be a valuable step on the road to digital launch. One regular piece of feedback we have received from you, the players, is the desire to have the ability to update your in game username. This request, along with others, are being tested this weekend by the Closed Beta team and we will launch early next week.

Thank you for your patience and hold tight, it will be worth the wait!

Please email us with feedback, bugs, or beta access issues at [email protected]

Hail Champions,

We are now just 8 days from the official launch of Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions! Come the 2nd August Champions will be available in stores worldwide and at Gen Con!

We know that you are all eager to jump into the Mortal Realms and battle your friends for supremacy with your mighty armies and we are very eager to join you there too! We have seen that there are some questions regarding the short beta window that would be available to participate in and we’ve been discussing this extensively as a team.

As a direct result of your feedback, we’re revising our release schedule of the upcoming digital game to give Founders and then wider beta participants more time to play the game. Your feedback and support is crucial to making Champions the breakout success we believe it can be.

Naturally this revised plan will slightly impact the upcoming digital game release date. You’ll have an extended beta window to really get to grips with the game, scan in all your cards, personalise your account and actively participate in the evolution of the digital game as well as provide our development team sufficient time to implement feedback, all whilst enjoying the physical game!

From the 2nd August the Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions Precursor App will be available to download worldwide via the iOS and Android stores. In parallel with the publicly available Champions Precursor App, we will commence the closed beta for the digital game and invite the community to participate in ever expanding stages throughout August. You will be commanding Champions on the battlefield before you know it! The timeline breakdown is as follows:

2nd August: Champions Precursor App launches (Full digital game and all other features will unlock in App in due course)

The Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions Precursor App will be available to download on the vast majority of Android, iOS and Amazon devices. You will be able to download this digital app which will immediately allow you to; scan and claim in your physical Champions cards, manage your collection, watch learn how to play videos, add your friends, and receive important notifications. This build will initially not include direct access to the digital game, however you will be able to request an invite to participate in the digital game beta!

9th August approx: Closed Beta (Friends, Family and Founders - NDA)

Now it is time to send out scouting parties! Available simultaneously to the precursor app we will also be running a closed beta! The first external build of the game is typically reserved exclusively for our trusted friends and family, however as our most ardent supporters we want to invite all our Founders to join us on the Champions journey from the very onset. All Founders will be invited to download the beta and get stuck in, you are the honoured Champions!

As a Founder you will be able to start playing and providing feedback on the game from the very onset and your feedback will be incorporated into the ongoing development process, this is your your game so please let us know what you think!

Participation in the first closed beta is subject to an NDA (non disclosure agreement) so you cannot stream, share photos or make videos of the game during the beta. Whilst participants will have early privileged access to the online Mortal Realms, some things may still change and also we really want to try our very best to keep as much of it a delightful surprise for the rest of the community so, for the love of Order, no spoilers!

Mid - August: Invite only Closed Beta 2 (Newsletter subscribers and Champion App Beta submissions)

The battlefield is filling up as the armies gather in force! We will open the beta to our newsletter subscribers and players that subsequently register via the Champions app (existing beta participants retain access). We will continue to gather and implement your vital feedback to update the game and make it a seamless gaming experience. If you haven’t already, make sure you subscribe to the newsletter on our website now and be ready to get involved, reinforcements have arrived! This wider beta will still be under NDA.

All progress players make during the beta, rewards unlocked, friends, etc will be retained when the game goes live.

End August: Champions App unlocks gameplay and all features go live. Full release

The realmgates will open, Orruks will be trying to overwhelm the battlefield with sheer numbers of expendable grunts and other Alliances will be fighting for glory. The full digital game will be unlocked in the public Champions app and available across iOS, Android and Amazon devices. Freely invite your friends and get them to fight side by side with you challenge them to an epic duel to become a true Champion!

We will be launching regular updates, features and content after release for all of the community to enjoy based on your ongoing feedback.

Compatible Device specifications:

1. To make sure that your device is compatible so that you can play the game straight away, see the device specifications below for iOS, Android and Amazon devices:

2. Apple iOS 8 or higher. iPhone 5S and up. iPad Air / iPad Mini 2 and up. iPod Touch 6 and up.

3. Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean). Most devices including Samsung Galaxy S3 and up, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and up, Google Nexus 4 and up.

Amazon FireOS 4+. Amazon Fire HD 6, 7 (2014), HDX 8.9 (2014), Kindle Fire HDX 7, 8, 9 (2013).

If you would like to contact us then you can email us at [email protected]

Comments

• KozmicKozmic Posts: 17

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to it.

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

Excellent update Max, look forward to participating and joining PF in their development journey

• PunchausenPunchausen Posts: 41 ✭✭

Makes complete sense, I'd much rather see what you're happy to put out, rather than what you need to put out to meet a deadline

• DorethDoreth Posts: 17
    Thanks for the update!
    I’ve a question: the Champions Precursor App will be launch on the 2nd and then the Champions App Beta and at the end of August (if everything is good) the Champions App launch. But are those different apps? Or is there only one app?
  • @Maximus If I purchased two founders packs, one for myself and one for my wife, is there any way to get the second beta access for her at the August 2nd timeframe?

@Doreth so the my belief here is that the "Champions Precursor App" is the main app that launches on August 2nd which as quoted allows you to:

__scan and claim in your physical Champions cards, manage your collection, watch learn how to play videos, add your friends, and receive important notifications.

However the beta for the game I believe runs within this app and will be available for in stages for founders and then registered general community. So expect certain areas to be on lockdown till this process begins. I believe I have correctly interpreted this. Least I hope so.

• GlassHalfDeadGlassHalfDead Posts: 45 ✭✭

Very excited for the app, so looking forward to it, and for it to be the first game I regularly stream!
    Quick question. You mention that progress will be carried over from the Closed Beta 2 onwards. Will we have to rescan our cards at the start of each phase (assuming that everything works as intended, of course!)?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0

No all the data should be maintained across stages :)

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 15

Looking forward to the app, I've always wanted the ability to use my physical cards in a digital game, and Lightseekers seems to have flown under the radar for me.

Nice that our data carries over between testing phases :smile:

• KarnageKarnage Posts: 158Moderator Mod
    edited July 2018

I am not a mobile gamer at all, I just never got into it. I will say AoS Champions has me excited to actually play one. Every time I go to the store, I am down the electronics aisle looking at tablets that this game will look good on. Just don't think ill be able to get the 10 inch ipad :'(

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

@Karnage said:
    Every time I go to the store, I am down the electronics aisle looking at tablets that this game will look good on. Just don't think ill be able to get the 10 inch ipad :'(

What kinds of things have you been looking at? Got any recommendations? Especially budget ones?

@Champion
    I have been looking for anything larger then 7" display and more then 2 gb or ram. The best thing for the price has been samsung 7" galaxy E lite for $79. You could also go with the 9.6" galaxy E for $199, This look's to be the one I might be getting. Cheapest ipad starts at $349. I just don't think it is worth the investment for myself as i would not use it for anything else.

• jt_moneyjt_money Posts: 20
    @Karnage I use a Google Nexus 7 that I've had for over 5 years. It's slowing down a bit but I can still play things like hearthstone on it. Those run pretty cheap.

@jt_money

I found a few 7" for around $60, I just wanted something bigger and pretty lol. unfortunately that cost more..
    I still have an old nexus as well i used while deployed. Gave it to me daughter and that thing still runs good as well.

• SquidmonstaSquidmonsta Posts: 13

Anyone know how to change your name in the app?

I started the app on my phone and it loaded a default game center ID. Tried the app on my wifes phone and she was able to create a name.

Hopeful there is a way to link the app to this forum account soon, also hope that these forum accounts will be the same as the ones on the main site.

On Android you get to choose a nickname. On iOS you don’t.

• RekyoRekyo Posts: 73 ✭✭
    > @Squidmonsta said:
    > Anyone know how to change your name in the app?
    >
    > I started the app on my phone and it loaded a default game center ID. Tried the app on my wifes phone and she was able to create a name.
    >
    > Hopeful there is a way to link the app to this forum account soon, also hope that these forum accounts will be the same as the ones on the main site.

Agree on all accounts. We need to have name changing possible (in the Lightseekers app as well) and also the main website account should be linked to the forum ones. Really hope this is worked on in the future.
  • morycmoryc Posts: 30

Hey...its mid August i think.....when the Invite only Closed Beta 2 will start?

tomorrow is 20.....so when???

When they are ready. :)

• UKDreadnaughtUKDreadnaught Posts: 121Moderator Mod

Im sure they want to get the current wave of fixes ready before they unleash the game on the next wave of testers.

Patients it will all be ready soon.

• AlbanyAdrielAlbanyAdriel Posts: 39 ✭✭

@UKDreadnaught I agree that Patience is warranted. Just looking to get an update by @Maximus on the Original Post to reflect the delay. Is the full release still planned for the end of August?

Got all my cards scanned in and ready to test the program before other hobbies and obligations pull my attention away. Simply looking for an update to the roadmap.

edited August 2018

Patients is one thing....but giving absolutely NO info is **** :/
    I would be ok with : guys we are working on this and that still , so and so....bla bla bla....
    But NO info is....unfair

Still no statement....of any sort.
    It's just rly lame to treet potential costumers...
    Any news are better then NO news....

No there is no more information currently available. I understand the need to know more but please be a little more patient. Steps I believe are progress to make information more available and the digital games feedback and bug forums should now be available to give more of an understanding of what issues are currently being worked on.

• Rather wait and have a digital game with little to no bugs vs releasing something before its ready and being annoyed that its buggy IMO, yet I impatiently await the release

• DragonetDragonet Posts: 47

I know everybody wants to play. But the roadmap promised end of August as release period and one can hardly argue that timely access to a beta phase is mandatory. It is software production and getting an app approved by Google and Apple is not easy at all.

The final app will be worth the wait.

• I think we can all just end the discussion going on @moryc and @Champion right? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere, you both have valid points and I don't think there is a need for such division that is creeping in here

edited August 2018

Please refrain from criticising each other. This is a friendly forum. If you have issues then please feel free to private message me and we can discuss further.
    I will now remove the offending posts.

• register50register50 Posts: 51

Release 31 August? Or is there still open beta testing? PlayFusion, what are your plans?