3 x Brute Smasha
3 x Cowardly Grots
3 x Surprising Skulkers

3 x Deadly Chop
3 x Rallying Cry
3 x Waagh Call
3 x Grot Ambush

Concept deck now that the database has gone live

Deploy units crazy fast with 4 heroes that quest off damage, unit deployment and abilities.

The very definition of "make men, turn them sideways"

Comments

• inkwell84inkwell84 Posts: 13
    Where is the database?! :)
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 158Moderator Mod
    edited August 2018

@inkwell84
    It is on the Newly relaunched website.

@Whizzwang

You have the same idea as me. That Loud mouth mega boss can flip over his blessing turn 2 or 3 depending if I am understanding the rules correctly. It is crazy good.

Cant believe I forgot to paste the link, that's what i get for staying up until 2 in the morning lol.

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

@Karnage Don't worry, I've got your back ;)

• jt_moneyjt_money Posts: 20
    @Karnage you can't complete more than one quest step per turn. Also, Loud Mouthed Mega Boss rotates his "units". Not himself.
    edited August 2018

@jt_money

You can rotate more then once per turn. Champions can only rotate once PER-CARD PER-TURN, so you can summon a unit that rotates him. Then you can use an ability card that deals damage and rotate him again.

you cant summon a unit to rotate your champion, then rotate again because that same card dealt damage on that same turn it was summoned.
    Hope that help clarify it for you. I have had to reread the rules a few times over. I still am fuzzy on some of them but this one I am not. You can also watch the AoS Champions Youtube channel and they show you that your champions can indeed be rotated more then once per turn.

• WhizzwangWhizzwang Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @Karnage said:
    > @inkwell84
    > It is on the Newly relaunched website.
    >
    > @Whizzwang
    >
    > You have the same idea as me. That Loud mouth mega boss can flip over his blessing turn 2 or 3 depending if I am understanding the rules correctly. It is crazy good.

With the right hand he can complete T1
  • StealthBudaStealthBuda Posts: 24
    How has the deck been working against the other Grand Alliances? Does it struggle with any in particular?

it's very one hit wonder / glass cannon like. An order deck that sees a Hurricane Raptor or Disruptive Liberator and you don;t have a deadly chop means it's over on t1 pretty much

• StealthBudaStealthBuda Posts: 24

Fast quests I think is the way forward for Destruction though I think. Deploying a lot quickly to deal lots of damage, but I don't think we're there yet with the current card pool.

• GindackGindack Posts: 37 ✭✭

Okay so Loud Mouthed Warboss, does he rotate himself or a unit card he plays? Because it is super confusing. RAW

Heroic Act: Rotate a highlighted Unit 2 Steps Forwards.

But then the chart at the bottom only has one Green square with the dot. Which means the acting card....but he says unit....but he is a champion...

So, he does nothing?

This came up last night. >.<

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

@Gindack said:
    Okay so Loud Mouthed Warboss,
    But then the chart at the bottom only has one Green square with the dot. Which means the acting card....

It means the acting lane.
    So the unit that he controls that is in the space in front of him is the unit he rotates.

• BlancoNinoBlancoNino Posts: 11
    I like the deck! I was looking through my collection and was thinking of doing a quick destruction deck too
  • HollowsonHollowson Posts: 33
    I like it, another really good turn 2 blessing champion is rip-tooth megaboss. Turn 1 play a unit that deals damage on it's 2nd corner. This completes his first 2 quests. Then turn 2 play deadly chop if your opponent played a spell or unit across of it. This will turn it twice again.

Ofcourse this is depending on what your opponent plays. But at some point in the game there will be a card there to be removed.
  • kool database
  • WastelanderWastelander Posts: 14
    I finally pulled my second Loud mouth boss..going to build this up for tonight! Thanks!!
  • PaulEPeptidePaulEPeptide Posts: 18
    oh man, this one looks fun
  • KolosKolos Posts: 36
    edited August 2018

Here is my variant of the concept:

Gork (or possibly Mork)’s Tetris

Champions

Grot Boss (1)
    Grot Boss (1)
    Loud-Mouthed Megaboss (8)

Blessings

Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’
    Might of Gork
    Prophet of the Waaagh!
    Smash and Bash

Deck

3x Brute Smashas
    3x Crowded Wolf Chariot
    3x Grot Slashas
    3x Orruk Scrappers
    3x Orruk Shield Bashers
    3x Show-Off Grots
    3x Surprising Skulkers
    3x Waaagh! Chanter

3x Deadly Chop
    3x Rallying Cry

All Units apart from the Waaagh! Chanter can stack, so you are almost always able to deploy in any lane. Loud-Mouthed Megaboss makes Crowded Wolf Chariot viable and brings a little utility.

(Edited to remove section on theoretical one turn blessing unlock as re-reading comprehensive rules shows that the method would not actually work as intended. 3 corner rotations in a turn still easily possible though.)

This deck has been a great deal of fun to play so far, and seems to do quite well against strong decks in my local group. The only slight downside is the reliance on a relatively limited pool of Ability cards to do the rotations towards blessings, which means hoarding them instead of playing them sometimes.

• RancordRancord Posts: 44
    Why not Rip-Tooth over Loud-Mouth? The quests are the same, but the removal instantly triggers quest with Rip, while it doesnt for loud. Also Infusing of the wagh, should be a blessing, as it fills you board and there for can easily trigger you quests faster.
  • KolosKolos Posts: 36

@Rancord - Fair questions.

I prefer Loud-Mouthed Megaboss as it means I can usually rotate Crowded Wolf Chariot as soon as I play it. As the play style of the deck can leave me a little light on damage at times it’s painful if I play Crowded Wolf Chariot and my opponent removes it before I get the 8 rend damage off.

Also, Loud-Mouthed Megaboss gains me slightly more starting health and removal is also a bit limited in the deck, so I passed on the Rip-Tooth Megaboss in this build.

Ushering of the Waaagh! is indeed a good Blessing, and I may swap Prophet of the Waaagh! out for it, as that Blessing seems to help me out the least right now.

I am also toying with the idea of adding 3x Mosh Pit in place of the Waaagh! Chanter cards, although I need to test that out a bit. The balance of the deck is a little knife-edge as it is, so changing too much may be counterproductive.

Loud mouth lets you drop a sweeping gore grunta and trigger it straight away for mass removal.

This list is now a REALLY early non tested list and the current version is a lot different now.

• rumphsthumprumphsthump Posts: 13
    oh ****, didnt think about this deck! Looks aweome
  • WhiteQueenMDWhiteQueenMD Posts: 14
    Here another variation that is quite brutal. Savage Boar boss gives you instant additional action for Wolf Riders.
    The goal is to open blessings asap. Find Cruisin'for Brusin and /or Frenzied Charge. I think the strong feature of the deck is that you do not need to stack cards which takes time (of course its an added bonus if it happens that you do it along the way). :

Champions

Rip-Tooth Mega Boss (5)
    Rip-Tooth Mega Boss (5)
    Savage Boar Boss (2)

Blessings

Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’
    Frenzied Charge
    Ushering of the Waaagh!
    Smash and Bash

Deck

3x Brute Smashas
    3x Big Stabba Crew
    3x Gore-Choppa Brute
    3x Orruk Scrappers
    3x Waaagh! Chanter

3x Sweeping Gore-Grunta (can replace with 1 or 2 Trampling Gruntas)
    3x Pouncing Wolf riders

3x Waaaagh!Call
    3x Deadly Chop
    3x Rallying Cry
  • I got a copy of Warboss Recruiter and put it in the deck above instead of one Rip-Tooth Mega Boss for even more punch.
  • Bawaji96Bawaji96 Posts: 14
    These decks look great!!