Digital Game Feedback and Opinions

Hail Champions!

We want to hear your opinions on the beta and any feedback or suggestions you have which we can feed back into the development process.

So feel free to post them here :). We want you to play a role in the development process so it can be the best game it can be!

Or you can also email [email protected]

Comments

• KamCKamC Posts: 10
    edited August 2018
    Well to give you my feedback first you need to transfer my beta to different email - but you cant do this because my emails from my founders email are going into your spam so i cant contact you...
  • munkeykungfumunkeykungfu Posts: 26

I'm really liking this so far. I've just been playing practice to get a feel of things. It runs pretty smooth. Is it possible to have cards shown larger and in the middle of the screen when you click them?

• Aesoe2017Aesoe2017 Posts: 32

I also need my founders email and google play email linked so i can participate.

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

I imagine this will be sorted today :) I am awaiting the same problem to be resolved. Did you remember to contact the team at [email protected] regarding your email differences?

• GlassHalfDeadGlassHalfDead Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Champions feedback: When you single click on a champion, it brings up a list of the associated keywords (Removal, for example), which is great. But below the keywords, I would strongly recommend that you also include what each of their quest symbols mean. Seems pretty easy to add, and would definitely help the new players (and those of us that forget halfway through a match).

Also, the AI doesn't play any cards. I assume that's coming soon and wasn't just a bug?

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator
    edited August 2018

@GlassHalfDead The poor AI player is intentional for the time being I believe

• Thanks all we are in the process of sorting any issues :)

• FabSTFabST Posts: 15
    edited August 2018

Some remarks based on my first few games:

• Initial draw of cards (champions and starting hand) seems very slow. Could also done for both players simultaneously, since I don't want to watch 4 cards face down one by one going into my opponents hand :)
    • Smoothing or interpolation of the card movements in the player's hand would be nice
    • More obvious reveal of Blessings please :) Maybe even show the whole blessing card on reveal for 2 seconds so the opposing player knows what's going to happen. A Blessing is bestowed onto a Champion! And I didn't even notice ;)
    • The cards seem blurred when viewing them by tapping on them. A texture quality or texture filtering issue?
    • Some Aliasing of the card's edges

I'm playing on Android 8.0 with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I will try to keep the feedback and bug reporting going :)

But so far I like the direction the game is going, it is already a lot of fun!

• DuckOfDoomDuckOfDoom Posts: 7
    It is weird, how champions, spells, units, and activated blessings all have red border. It would really help to **** the board state, if the borders were different (wizards and spells blue etc.)
  • GlassHalfDeadGlassHalfDead Posts: 45 ✭✭

We need more sound effects! Very specifically I mean when I'm searching for a match, there's no audio indicator that a match has been found and I need to click ready. Super important! And it's not like the screen flashes gold (like when you're scanning a card, that would work too!!!), so it's down to me to be paying attention when I see a tiny bar at the top of the screen. Just a little QoL addition there would be appreciated.

• DeepdiggerDeepdigger Posts: 34
    I have my problems with the card management so far. I simply dont like to sort through them on a small screen.

An API for card management would be nice. I dont know if this is already planned, but something similar to HEX system would be nice.

So you can get out statistics of your matches.
    Sync your collection
    Share decks via websites, and maybe make trading easier.

However i dont know the stance on trading cards. Is it allowed without any limits? If so an API would help very much to get a healty ecosystem.
  • YellowKiwiYellowKiwi Posts: 8
    First feedback after 10ish games:
    • Borders of Wizard Champions and spell on board should be blue.
    • If champion has completed all his quests. He seems to continue to rotate if you completed corner 1 again.
    • Message when the first player place is last champion is “Place 2 champions” but he only has one in hand at this moment.
    • When you play a card with highlight subject, highlight should show on board.
  • TDM_ArmadyleTDM_Armadyle Posts: 4
    Posted to the discord but putting it here as well
    Why did PlayFusion opt to not just use the starter decks, the Death deck especially seems really bad, having lots of vampire units with no champions that provide vampire synergy, instead adding a Necromancer into a deck with 4 risen units and only 2 ways for him to remove cards. You are unable to see effects that trigger from a card being played because the card is in the way, this can be frustrating when a card reveals an opposing blessing and you take damage from the blessing without being able to see it. The end turn button is entirely too close to the opposing lane, I have accidentally passed turn multiple times while attempting to read my opponent's cards. When Cursed Strike asks you to select a card to rotate forwards or backwards, the menu sometimes covers the card that you have selected which prevents you from seeing the corners. You are also unable to see the number of cards in either your or your opponent's deck.
  • Thanks all I will pass all this on!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018

@Deepdigger The feature is a nice suggestion but we are unlikely to implement it at this time, but is something that we will consider for the future :)

• Eternal51Eternal51 Posts: 6
    Not sure if this has been suggested or not yet, but a sound or more standout animation for when your matchmaking queue pops would be good, found myself almost missing my queue if I am not looking at my screen when it pops.
  • @YellowKiwi

• Borders are on the to-do list
    • Champions continuing to rotate is a known issue
    • Text for champion placement is getting improvements
    • Subject-lane highlights are on the to-do list

Hope that helps :)

• @GlassHalfDead the SFX and VFX are being worked on :)

• The app for me is running very smoothly. Matchmaking comes off without a hitch. I really like the emotes! A mulligan system may be good, but I am fine without. The game obviously is in early development, but so far..so great.

Also, feel free to join our Discord server AgeofSigmarChampions
  • keik0keik0 Posts: 5
    The Game is running fast and steady. But as an Hearthstoneplayer I see an surface which would be the same 10 years before and will not appeal to younger players. Can't describe how it would look better but wanted to share this feeling.
    The pictures of the emotes should get, regarding the nice pictures on the cards, much nicer pictures.
    If you touch something on the screen there could be the possibility, that a small window opens and explains what the touched icon means.
  • DragonetDragonet Posts: 47
    Platform: Android
    Platform Version: Android 8.0.0
    Phone Model: HTC U11

Couple of things I would like to see improved:
    1. Wizard champions should not have a red card border, give them a neutral color or use the actual champion class color(s)
    2. Some statistics about the last game on an end screen would be nice, like duration of the match, numbers of cards played, damage done, damage received, damage healed etc.
    3. The visual effect when in queue for a casual match is not very appealing. Make the green button at least bigger and maybe show some slide show of hint or card facts. Quite boring at the moment. My phone also goes in sleep modus when in queue, which is odd because it does not happen in any other screen. The accept match button should also be at the screen center, easy to overlook on a small phone otherwise.
    4. There should be a tool tip for the 3 types currency (?) in the final app version.
    5. Some coin flip animation at the beginning would be nice to make it more clear who is the first player.

1. Wizard champions should not have a red card border, give them a neutral color or use the actual champion class color(s)
    2. Some statistics about the last game on an end screen would be nice, like duration of the match, numbers of cards played, damage done, damage received, damage healed etc.
    3. The visual effect when in queue for a casual match is not very appealing. Make the green button at least bigger and maybe show some slide show of hint or card facts. Quite boring at the moment. My phone also goes in sleep modus when in queue, which is odd because it does not happen in any other screen. The accept match button should also be at the screen center, easy to overlook on a small phone otherwise.
    4. There should be a tool tip for the 3 types of currency/points (?) in the final app version.
    5. Some coin flip animation at the beginning of a match would be nice to make it more clear who is the first player.

4. There should be a tool tip for the 3 types of currency/points (?) in the final app version.
    5. Some coin flip animation at the beginning of a match would be nice to make it more clear who is the first player.
  • Thanks for making such a great game it has the best of both worlds right off the bat with paper and digital collections crossing over.
    Is there a reason there is a rarity symbol on the Avatars but not on the cards? It would be great to see
    them with that same feature.

I am hoping to manage both of my collection with the application. Do you think there is a chance we will be able to make lists and have the collection show up in the online website database and vice versa?

I also really like the idea of an outer glow around the borders of the cards that are affected by a card I am hovering over. This would make game play a lot faster. I wouldn't have enlarge a card every time I wanted to check the cards it is interacting with.

It gets a little rough trying to scroll my hand back and forth to find the card I am looking for at times. If I were to be able to arrange my hand I could play a lot more efficiently I feel like this would be pleasant feature for most.

Seems like everything is on the right track and I am excited to see how this develops.
  • Thanks for making such a great game it has the best of both worlds right off the bat with paper and digital collections crossing over.
    Is there a reason there is a rarity symbol on the Avatars but not on the cards? It would be great to see
    them with that same feature.

I am hoping to manage both of my collection with the application. Do you think there is a chance we will be able to make lists and have the collection show up in the online website database and vice versa?

I also really like the idea of an outer glow around the borders of the cards that are affected by a card I am hovering over. This would make game play a lot faster. I wouldn't have enlarge a card every time I wanted to check the cards it is interacting with.

It gets a little rough trying to scroll my hand back and forth to find the card I am looking for at times. If I were to be able to arrange my hand I could play a lot more efficiently I feel like this would be pleasant feature for most.

Seems like everything is on the right track and I am excited to see how this develops.
  • j0nathanvj0nathanv Posts: 156

Can you give us the ability to restart/reset/unclaim our entire collection?

Just an utter pain in the **** having to do it all over again and again and again

• KhelthrosKhelthros Posts: 17

Really digging the app so far! A game I’m glad I bought into.

• MarkMMarkM Posts: 34
    Platform: Blue Stacks 3 Android Emulator on Windows 10 PC

Finally twigged that I had to go to play store and do a manual update at 10 last night! Doh!

App runs very smoothly with no hiccups so far. Only played 2 games vs AI to get used to app etc. but at least I my old eyes can read the cards on a 32" monitor :)

Very good so far and excited to see the options and extensions to the app as it develops. 10/10 so far!