Is this combo to good.

Does playing an Abhorrant Ghoul King on both sides of Crypt Infernal Courtier create an interaction that is almost too good. For the use of a heroic act each turn you get three damage, with enough removal and a bit of healing is this damage fast enough and consistent enough?

Comments

• NoxNoxleyNoxNoxley Posts: 21Unconfirmed
    I think that the word "abilities" on the Abhorrant Ghoul King only refers to actual Ability-Cards played (!) by an Mordant champion. I do not think that a heroic act is considered an ability.
  • IggyIggy Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited August 2018

@NoxNoxley said:
    I think that the word "abilities" on the Abhorrant Ghoul King only refers to actual Ability-Cards played (!) by an Mordant champion. I do not think that a heroic act is considered an ability.

Correct, Abilities are cards in your deck specifically marked ability. Heroic Actions are not abilities and therefore this "combo" only deals one damage, not three. Cursed Strike would however deal 5 damage base if played on Crypt Infernal Courtier between two Abhorrant Ghoul Kings.

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

furiously scribbles down notes

• IssakianIssakian Posts: 52 Mod
    edited August 2018

The Ghoul Kings would only increase the damage of ability cards, not heroic acts, sorry!
    But still a turn one opportunity strike would still hit for 7 for that Courtier, followed by a 5 damage cursed strike would mean 12 points of damage on turn one....

• RavenmaneRavenmane Posts: 13
    Meh
  • Cornix42Cornix42 Posts: 49

The damage potential for the deck is very high. The ability cards which do damage become much more powerful.

However there's only one legal Champion combination, and completing quests is extraordinarily difficult; you'll possibly get 2, at most.

It's a competitive deck, that shold hopefully win the game relatively quickly, it's best not to to pill the trigger early on your ability cards so your opponent doesn't know how much trouble they're in. They might be on 28 life but those 19 points of damage in your hand say otherwise. If the game goes long, or if they have lots of life gain you could run out of gas.

What I also would say is that it's not the most interactive of decks. If you want the win give it a go. However the reason I love this game is the interaction between players; this deck will not aid that.

Whatever you choose good luck.

• RancordRancord Posts: 44

This deck is also easy to hard counter, due to most damage coming from one lane. Hurricane raptors, Orc Shield guys and more are a big pain.

Single Ghoul King with a better mixed and more flexible is generally more consistent. There are just to many cards that punish a setup that cant play around with positions

• Yeah, double King Mordant Burn is too easy to lock down, and it fizzles out if it gets into the late game. You'll be playing too many suboptimal cards (like the unaligned 2 damage abilities) that only make sense in that loadout and you'll be lucky if you get even one blessing out, nevermind multiple.

The Double Crypt Haunter Courtier, single King and Varghulf/Crypt Infernal Coutier loadout allows you to quest (via the Crypt Haunter Courtiers) and have a late game (because of all the healing, and possibly having a deal 1 damage Heroic Act).

• nicklee23nicklee23 Posts: 11
    Don't think there are too many broken decks at this stage? Lady Luck can always balance things out anyway :)