Some questions from a new player.

So I love TCG’s and also Warhammer so a great mix here. I have been playing around a week now and had some questions to which I would really appreciate the advice from the community about, (mainly about some purchases).

1). This game seems incredibly generous and gives you a lot of stuff. I have gone through the megashare booster thread and the rewards are understandably getting less feequent. Is there a point you feel it’s worth stopping?

2). Although it is generous I have spent like £20 on gems to support the developer and give myself a starting boost. Not played against real players yet. This leads into some sub questions:

- Is the app developer part of games workshop or something? Just trying to understand who benefits from digital/physical purchases?

- I feel that buying the physical booster boxes would be best. Was thinking to just buy 1 box of 24 boosters for each set.

- On that basis would you buy champions or onslaught first? To be fair I will get one of each, this is more a question to get a feel for power levels. I am aware that there is a new set out soon.

- Playfusion via eBay seems to be the cheapest if I am correct?

3). With regards to new set I see there is a circa £17.99 warband set coming out. Will that have exclusive cards not available in any booster packs? Trying to understand if it’s a good purchase alongside a 24 booster box.

4). There seems to be a rarity above rare for which there is 1 blessing card per faction. How do you get these?

5). I believe destruction is still strongest. Is there a best site to look at meta deck recipes? Lazy I know but I admittedly am not as good at creating my own and I love trying other people’s powerful or simply just fun decks :).

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide!

Comments

• DarkCornflakeDarkCornflake Posts: 35

Hello! Welcome to the game, I will try to answer your questions where I can:

1). The digital game is very generous! I've scanned a bunch of boosters in the mega thread (and added a few of my own), I find a lot of my rewards come from completing daily/weekly missions in the app and playing through the campaigns that appear from time to time.

2). The app is developed by Play Fusion, they bought the license from GW to make the game, so they make the money from physical and digital sales, since it's their product.
    I have bought booster boxes from each set (and will buy a bow of the next set when it comes out) and sometimes buy singles of cards I need from e-bay. I also bought the 4 starter decks to get the basic cards for each faction to build a foundation for each deck.

3). I will be buying the new Warband set, it will have new, exclusive cards that I am excited to get. I do play Warhammer: Underworlds too, so I can appreciate the crossover.

4). Each starter deck box contains a "deck exclusive" rarity level blessing, they can be unlocked in the app, but it costs a lot of souls to do so, it's best just to buy the starter decks if you do intend to play the physical game too, and just scan your cards in to the app after.

5). Destruction is pretty powerful, but the other factions are catching up, and hopefully will all have fully caught up by the time Savagery set comes out. It's all about what decks you have fun playing, try them out in Casual mode first and just tweak them as you see fit (or as you get new cards). There are a few links in the forums to other sites that have good articles. The Competitive Edge is a good place to visit!

• Sam_on_MauiSam_on_Maui Posts: 9
    New player here as well :)

1. So, any off the bat resources you'd point any/all new players to for learning the game? (that'd be a great sticky too).

2. So, I see these "Waves." Do cards go obsolete for tournament play like in Magic: The Moneysucker? Do they remain viable for online casual/unranked play?

3. Sadly, no shops here sell AoS:C, so its digital only for me. While I'm trying to encourage friends to try it out, any suggestions on how to get a scene going here?