What blessing do you think has more value?

What blessing do you think has more value?
Skull throne or Outrageous Carnage

Comments

• UKDreadnaughtUKDreadnaught Posts: 121Moderator Mod

Outrageous Carnage is a 1 off effect for 4 damage and removes 3 units,

Skull Throne requires you to make 3 removals of units to reach its maximum potential but effects the board and is persistent.

I would say Skull Throne is, but it requires build up.

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator

The 3 removals of your own units is really tough though?
    Outrageous carnage for me. That for damage with the potential to remove enemy units is much more valuable in my mind.

• remorhazremorhaz Posts: 42
    Doesn’t skull throne rotate from removing any unit? The wording is “ Corners 1 to 3: When you remove a unit, Rotate this one step forwards. Or is this more inconsistent card templating ?
  • ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

For your convenience.

Hi @remorhaz

Skull throne is "Clunky", so you only rotate the card when you remove a unit.

> @REDARMYSQUIRREL said:
    > Hi @remorhaz
    >
    > Skull throne is "Clunky", so you only rotate the card when you remove a unit.

Yours and your opponents units? Or just your own units? Your previous pos suggests it is only when you remove own units that rotate skull throne. If I play blood for the blood god and remove my unit skull throne rotates. But if I play blood hunt and remove my opponents I don’t rotate skull throne? I guess I’m confused because most of the other cards say something like “when you remove a highlighted unit”. Skull throne has a high light box but the wording suggests it doesn’t matter whose unit I remove to rotate it.

My understanding is that it is your own units. However I am taking this trail of thought based on the green indicated lanes. However other than that it doesn't specifically state an allied unit, so the possibility that it's also an enemy unit is possible. Even so I would say on "Removal" of an allied unit :)

Thematically I don’t think Khorne cares whose skulls as long as there are skulls.

Maybe we could have a confusing wording thread so its all in one place for a FAQ at some point because there seems to be more than one example of inconsistent templating going around.
  • jt_moneyjt_money Posts: 20
    Does the card not also rotate when it increases damage?
  • SlapChopzSlapChopz Posts: 125 ✭✭

Outrageous Carnage is really good for several reasons, Late game comeback? Yes. Early game advantage? Yes. Allows Archaon to draw ridiculous amounts of cards? Yes. Combos with rejoice in slaughter? Yes. Most players are more inclined to use Units? Yes.

• IradekhorneIradekhorne Posts: 14

i think the card is refering to remove (doesn't matter if your or enemy cards) then the extra dmg affects to the highlighted spots.

• KdashKdash Posts: 40
    I agree with @Iradekhorne on how Skull Throne works.

Essentially, you remove a Unit (no restrictions on who’s unit or which lane) to rotate the card. The effects of the card are then applied to the highlighted lanes.

One of the key things here for me, is that it doesn’t contain the word “Highlighted” before “Unit”. All other cards that tell you to remove specific Units or Spells use the word “Highlighted” indicating that you then use the highlight icon at the bottom of the card to determine which targets are valid.

It is a bit clunky though and could do with an official clarification just to make sure.
  • CrossbreedCrossbreed Posts: 2
    > @remorhaz said:
    > > @REDARMYSQUIRREL said:
    > > Hi @remorhaz
    > >
    > > Skull throne is "Clunky", so you only rotate the card when you remove a unit.
    >
    > Yours and your opponents units? Or just your own units? Your previous pos suggests it is only when you remove own units that rotate skull throne. If I play blood for the blood god and remove my unit skull throne rotates. But if I play blood hunt and remove my opponents I don’t rotate skull throne? I guess I’m confused because most of the other cards say something like “when you remove a highlighted unit”. Skull throne has a high light box but the wording suggests it doesn’t matter whose unit I remove to rotate it.
    >
    >

It rotates when you remove a unit. If it was only your units it would say "...when you remove a *highlighted* unit"

Since the wording does not acknowledge the highlight on the card it means it rotates if you remove any unit
  • MiniMini Posts: 15
    hi @REDARMYSQUIRREL It's any unit. And chaos has a lot of self removeal.
  • MiniMini Posts: 15
    hi @REDARMYSQUIRREL It's any unit. The highlighted is what damage is increased.
  • FamiliarFamiliar Posts: 21
    Outrageous Carnage, IMO.
  • shillshill Posts: 13
    yep outrageous carnage
  • RancordRancord Posts: 44

Carnage, skull throne needs setups, which is ok, but the big negative is, that he also increases self-damage

• mrgumakmrgumak Posts: 24
    Otrageus carnage has more uses, give some control in any stage of the game and by this its more universal card imo, but skull throne shine better in specific decks around aggro, combo
  • Outrageous carnage seems legit.
  • DareDare Posts: 14
    You've got to build your deck around skull throne but it can be powerful
  • LooshkinLooshkin Posts: 4
    Chaos has a lot of removal options, both of opponent's units and also your own, so building for Skull Throne isn't difficult. The fact is that they are both totally situational as to which is better. Sometimes you want board control from Carnage, but if you get Skull Throne to drop early, like turn 3 early, it could be an outright game winner for you.
  • DarkCornflakeDarkCornflake Posts: 35
    Outrageous Carnage provides a huge swing in the battle, even though it commonly removes only 1-2 units, it puts you in control of the tempo. I can see Skull Throne being good in longer, grindy matchups, that, at the moment, Chaos aren't trying to achieve. Outrageous Carnage fits perfectly with Unrivaled Battle Lust to try to end games early. The Skull Throne and The Path of Skulls are good in long games, but require more set up, which, as Chaos decks get more streamlined, will be overlooked in favour of quicker wins.
  • RolfRolf1111RolfRolf1111 Posts: 11
    Carnage
  • itoluiitolui Posts: 7
    Outrageous carnage is a must
  • PenguiniusPenguinius Posts: 11
    Outrageous Carnage. It's horrible when it triggers against you and wipes out a bunch of guaranteed damage units
  • Throne