Rule Questions

Hi guys i have some questions, it would be nice if you can help me.

1. Can you use lets say triumpant smash if you dont have a unit to rotate? Or use devour if you dont have any units inside of your discard pile?

2. Can you rotate a unit backwards which is on his first corner? If yes what happens than?

3. serve in death says:
Trigger the current effect on up to two units.
What means trigger the effect?
Does Last stand triggers?
Does the damage or heal in your up left corner trigger? If yes do you Rotate than?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

@erdemo86 said:
    2. Can you rotate a unit backwards which is on his first corner? If yes what happens than?

I’ll start with number two as it is in the rulebook

Cards cannot 'Rotate' backwards past their first corner, but can be 'Rotated' forwards past their last corner (in which case they are 'Exhausted').

@erdemo86 said:

What means trigger the effect?

“Each Action card has an effect outlined in their text box.”

Do what you would do if the card had just rotated to this corner.

Does Last stand triggers?

No

“The effect following ‘Last Stand’ triggers if a Unit is about to be ‘Removed’.

Does the damage or heal in your up left corner trigger? If yes do you Rotate than?

You do what the text tells you to do for the current corner. If the text told you to damage, heal or rotate you would.

@erdemo86 said:
    Hi guys i have some questions, it would be nice if you can help me

Yes but the rules don’t specifically state this.

The closest I can come up with is:

2.7.1 : The effects on a card are always resolved in the order in which they are written on the card.
    2.2.2 : The effects of a card are not optional, unless a card says they are.
    Example: Unless the card text features the word ‘may’ or ‘up to’ you must do as much of the effect as is possible.

So as long as you are completing as much of the effect as possible you can in theory play an ability card which does not complete every (or any !?!) one of its effects.

Thanks for your help

You are welcome.
    :)

• erdemo86erdemo86 Posts: 22
    So you think you can play triumpant smash or devour without a unit?
  • stubobjstubobj Posts: 44

Yes those cards can be played. You do as much as you can and ignore what you cant do. But if you have a unit in the discard when you play devour you must shuffle it into your deck and if you have unit in the lane you play triumphant you must rotate it backwards.

@erdemo86 said:
    So you think you can play triumpant smash or devour without a unit?

The rules do.

There is no targeting step that checks a card’s text.

The only qualifier on if you can play an Ability card is below.

4.1.3.2: Play a Card
    4.1.3.2a : To play a card, the player first shows the Action card that they wish to play and designate which Champion is playing it. To play the card, the Champion must have the right class (2.4.1.2 ).

2.5.3.2 : Ability cards have a permission as to which class of Champion can play them. This will either be Warrior, Wizard or Any. In the case of Warrior or Wizard, the card will also have the matching colour lining their text box.

Many games have a proviso that in order to play a card it must change the ‘game state.’ Either by design or omission Champions does not.
    :)

• FraghFragh Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

Does the damage reduction from Paladin Protector affect the blessing The Path of Skulls?

If the blessing is in one of the three highlighted lanes then yes.

• takos666takos666 Posts: 37

Hi everyone,

I have one question: I have one card in hand that says "discard 1 card from hand" (when enters the game), but no other card in hand to discard. Can I play this card or must I have one more to discard in order to play this?

Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I'm stuck here...

• ChaeosChaeos Posts: 55

@takos666 if the card says you "may" or "need" to play card yes, if not u can play card.

You can play this if u only have this card. It doesn't say "may" or "need".

Just for clarity.
    The card discard is not a cost to play the card.
    The card discard is an effect from playing the card.
    If you have a card to discard then you must discard it. If you have no cards to discard then none are discarded but you have attempted to satisfy as much of the card text as possible.

• Sasha_ShadowhiveSasha_Shadowhive Posts: 2Applicant
    I have a question regarding the Sylvaneth units. A lot of syvaneth units and cards state "When you discard a card, do X"
    The thing is, what counts as discarding in this instance? In the rulebook it states that an exhausted unit is discarded. A removed unit is discarded. A card directly from your hand to the discard pile is discarded. Honestly it describes pretty much any movement from anywhere to the discard pile as the card being "discarded" However, that seems incredibly overpowered. Sylvaneth would be healing more than anyone could damage, not to mention cards that would bring themselves back.

For excample, the Screeching Spite-Revenant (I do not know how to put those images on here) has an ability that states "When you discard this card you may deploy it on a highlighted champion. Normal restrictions apply" And the highlight is all your champions. If exhaustion and removal both count as you "discarding" the Spite-Revenant, than it would just keep deploying itself. It would be an invincible unit.