Heroic acts

How do you active cards heroic abilities? just could never find a answer online or in the rule book

Comments

• JacksFistJacksFist Posts: 5
    Once per turn you can use a Heroic Act. Doesn't matter if all cards you have in play have them, you can only pick one. So then, at the top of your lungs, you shout "CELESTANT-PRIME, I CHOSE YOU" , at which point his heroic will activate, at the cost of one of your two actions. There are exceptions to everything I just said, but those exceptions will be written on cards that you play (probably).

Oh, and I believe heroic acts of units that just came into play can't be used, you have to wait until the turn after they're deployed.
  • ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

Well it’s in the Quickstart rules under 4.2.3: Phase 3 Action phase, and the Comprehensive rules under 2.9: Heroic Acts.

• JARLATHJARLATH Posts: 18
    Thanks just wanted to know :)
  • GorejellyGorejelly Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited August 2018

JacksFist: Oh, and I believe heroic acts of units that just came into play can't be used, you have to wait until the turn after they're deployed.

I don't think that's true. There is no "summoning sickness" in this game. If a unit has a heroic act, and its first corner is NOT an X, it can use its heroic act the turn you play it. Of course, if you have not increased your number of actions, this will take your entire turn.

This is from reading the comprehensive rules. I don't think I have any cards that qualify for this to test in the app (to know for certain from a rules standpoint).

Edit: I do have some cards to test this with; I will try it out in the app and get back to you on how it works. The cards that qualify for this are: (Order) Aetherwing Scout, Gryph-Charger Pack, Razorshell Leviadon, (Destruction) Prowling Wolf, and (Death) Unhallowed Mortis Engine

• ChampionChampion Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

@Gorejelly

I don't think that's true. There is no "summoning sickness" in this game. If a unit has a heroic act, and its first corner is NOT an X, it can use its heroic act the turn you play it. Of course, if you have not increased your number of actions, this will take your entire turn.

This is from reading the comprehensive rules.

Someone needs to read them more closely ;)

4.1.3.2d : Cards of a specific name can only be played or have their Heroic Act used once per turn, even if the player has multiple copies of the card.
    Example: A player cannot play 2 Gryph Charger in a single turn. A player also cannot play a Gryph Charger then use the Heroic Act of a Gryph Charger in the same turn or vice versa.

• SarovanSarovan Posts: 29
    Oh I see
  • GorejellyGorejelly Posts: 74 ✭✭

@Champion

I guess I missed that. I still haven't been able to try it out in-game (or I'm sure I would have seen that I was wrong in there too).

There sure are a lot of hidden intricacies in the comprehensive rules.

Oh well I hope I didn't confuse anyone other than myself (we've been playing the physical version wrong).