Introduce yourselves!

CrowCrow Posts: 25 Staff

New to Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions? Take a few minutes to introduce yourself on this thread and help others to get to know you! Remember, you don’t need to share your personal details, just tell us what sort of stuff you like doing and what you’re interests are!

Comments

• DecepticleDecepticle Posts: 55
    Greetings! I am Decepticle, I live in the Bay Area of California. I am an avid card game player having history in Magic, WoW Tcg, VS, Warhammer: Invasion, and the game I miss most dearly Warhammer 40k Conquest. Recently I have been moving away from Star Wars Destiny and L5R and have been playing a heavy amount of Lightseekers. Having sort of missed the boat and the initial hype of that game I am excited to be more on the ground floor of this game. Eager to promote, run events, compete, and do everything I can to see this game grow into its full potential. I hope to meet you all on the battlefield!
  • Ello, My name is Brian and i live on the east coast. I been playing card games since early 1998. I have been playing vs for last 4 years, but i havent backed an lcg since the beginning. I am hyped and ready to support this game to its fullest. I will be at gen con! Hope to see you there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0

Welcome to the forums guys!

• JaDatoJaDato Posts: 128Moderator
    I am JaDato. Have never played a Warhammer game, know next to nothing about the lore. But I greatly enjoyed Lightseekers, but sadly the game isn't picking up in my area (Dayton, Ohio). So I am hoping a game with similar mechanics with a more well-known IP such as Warhammer will do great! Looking forward to meeting everyone at major events!
  • CrowCrow Posts: 25 Staff
    edited June 2018

LooksAtAvatar

All will be well @JaDato

• DandyDandy Posts: 17
    edited June 2018
    I'm Dandy!
    I'm in Michigan. I collect a TON of TCGs and play a few of them including Lightseekers which is what brought me to Age of Sigmar: Champions.
    I have no Warhammer experience at all but I enjoy other miniatures games so if anything this TCG will just get me into that as well!
    Can't wait to play the game at GenCon and the plethora of local events that are sure to spring up after launch. :)

We look forward to seeing you at Gen Con Dandy!

• KozmicKozmic Posts: 17
    > @Dandy said:
    > I'm Dandy!
    > I'm in Michigan. I collect a TON of TCGs and play a few of them including Lightseekers which is what brought me to Age of Sigmar: Champions.
    > I have no Warhammer experience at all but I enjoy other miniatures games so if anything this TCG will just get me into that as well!
    > Can't wait to play the game at GenCon and the plethora of local events that are sure to spring up after launch. :)

Hi Dandy! I'm from Michigan as well and play out of Howell MI at a shop called Ziege Games - are you in the area by chance?

Also Hi everyone I'm Kozmic, the content curator for Six Sages Gaming on YouTube/Twitch, and also a fan of various TCGs. I'll be offering demos at Gen Con and will be doing them out of Ziege Games as well in hopes to build a communtiy! Looking forward to seeing everyone at various events.
  • DandyDandy Posts: 17
    > @Kozmic said:

> Hi Dandy! I'm from Michigan as well and play out of Howell MI at a shop called Ziege Games - are you in the area by chance?

Yeah, I've been there a couple times and am hoping to become more regular once the CF Vanguard reboot fully launches.
  • TCGangsterTCGangster Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Hello - I am from Grand Haven Michigan and have always LOVED the Warhammer world. Table tops miniatures were never really a great source of interest to me, but this world has ALWAYS fascinated me.

I've gone through some tough times recently and have been searching for a hobby to keep my attention.

I now have an opportunity to jump into the world I've longed to be a part of with an avenue (TCG) that interests me tremendously. I CAN NOT relay to the creators or community of this game about how excited this new format has me. I can't wait to learn and grow within a community I've been so desperately wanted to be a part of.
  • YammotYammot Posts: 14
    Where to begin...I'm an old TCG player who moved to miniatures and is currently playing/painting AoS. Pretty hyped for both the card game (which I enjoyed Lightseekers, so have high hopes for AoS:Champions) and the new AoS edition as well. I'm in Georgia and am looking forward to seeing about getting a scene at a local or two!
  • JimboActionJimboAction Posts: 2
    I'm from Denmark, and I play a lot of TCGs. This game looks really cool, so of course I'm here hoping for distribution to the GW shops in Denmark :-)

Welcome to forums everyone!

• REDARMYSQUIRRELREDARMYSQUIRREL Posts: 588Moderator
    Hi! I'm James! From Lincolnshire in the UK. I am a long standing fan of the Warhammer fantasy universe. After a very very long hiatus to go to Uni have a family and kids and get married I have finally found my way back in the form of AoS. Recently got the starter set for me and my son am looking forward to a bright Warhammer future once again. This is my first TCG ever! Looking forward to it! Any help and advice with the game would be greatly appreciated aswell! :)

Great to have you here James :)

• ScottPurdieScottPurdie Posts: 6
    Hi im Scott, been a fan of warhammer and 40K. Picked up lightseekers and looking forward to Champions.
  • successfulgeeksuccessfulgeek Posts: 22

Hi, I'm Adam and live near Ft. Myers, Florida. New to Warhammer, got into 40k and with the announcement of 2nd Edition AOS I got into that which led me here. I have missed playing TCGs so, learning about all the lore in AOS I jumped on the founder program and plan on being one of the local community builders. As long as I can do it in the name of Papa Nurgle.

Welcome to the community everyone! I look forward to see what the future holds.

• VladVlad Posts: 5
    Hello guys ^_^ I'm Matteo from Italy
    Huge love for Warhammer (Vampire Counts player) and for a lot of TCGs so i'm looking forward to this project. My goal is to collect, play and create a strong community here in Italy as soon as possible.
    Vlad

@Vlad Welcome aboard!

Welcome new chaps :)

• ThanquolThanquol Posts: 3
    I'm Thanquol chosen of the horned rat and the greatest grey seer in history!

I'm looking forward to ****-**** the man-things, lizard-things and whatever you call that creepy half trees(Bonereaper still suffers suffers from splinters after the last fight).

Looking forward to main skaven because I owe skryre a bit too much warp stone, bonereaper is looking to play stormcast cause he wants a new armor, yes-yes.

Joking aside Lily from the Netherlands (well at least right now) .
    I have been playing TCG when I was 10 : my brother got a mtg 5 ed starter and I nettver really stopped playing since.
    Also a pretty avid Skaven collector and general rat fan
  • CrowCrow Posts: 25 Staff

Welcome to the forums!

• Hey all, I’m a huge fan of age of sigmar and I was super excited to hear a ccg was coming out. I’ll be attending gencon, so I hope to see you all at the release! As a background, I have been playing CCGs since I was a kid And has been playing some form of card game since then. I hope this game lives long and prospers!!!!!!!
  • PunchausenPunchausen Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm a long time and current 40k player, but am AOScurios (?) - probably would have jumped in if it wasn't for the terrifying prospect of painting another army!
    The idea of a Warhammer card came using the Lightseekers mechanics really excited me - I've had the awesome pleasure of being one of the first non-playFusioners to try out Warhammer Champions, and was helping demo over Warhammer Fest weekend!

The downside of being able to play the game a few times is that I found it was better than even my high expectations; and so I'm now having to live through the withdrawal symptoms until I can buy it... next challenge is to find someone to split a Founders pack with!

Welcome to the forums :)

• HexcessiveHexcessive Posts: 39 ✭✭

Greetings everyone,

I reside in Central California, and am an avid table top miniatures gamer, information professional and all around enthused panda.
    I love most types of gaming and only recently got into Lightseekers. It is by far the best card system I've ever played --- and I have had my time with a good half dozen CCG's or especially Living Card Games over the years.
    I'm most impressed, however, by the company itself and the staff behind it. Play Fusion been so good to our local store, supporting in every way they can and communicating as people, not a spreadsheet. I know they will do amazing things with their GW partnership, and I am eager to start the Champions experience.
    Half the LS players are already cursing me for showing them the upcoming game last night, and pre-order requests have been placed >:)
    Oh, and gaming to me on all levels is about friendship and connection in the community. @Decepticle once Champions gets established let's have you and your whole crew down to Fresno for a tournament. Lots of good restaurants, and a clean comfortable store to warrant a trip. I'm sure my crew will head to the Bay or Sacto as well, anytime permitting.

PS The brand new, lovely Age of Sigmar Soul Wars box is next to me as I type, and assembly begins tonight!

• ProfProf Posts: 16
    Heya, everyone. I'm on the west coast, been playing card games for 20+ years, really pumped for Champions and trying it out at GenCon.

Welcome! @Prof and I know it's a bit late but better late than never @Hexcessive

• JaDatoJaDato Posts: 128Moderator

@Prof said:
    Heya, everyone. I'm on the west coast, been playing card games for 20+ years, really pumped for Champions and trying it out at GenCon.

Looking forward to meeting you at Gen Con. Which Starter event did you sign up for? My crew and I are doing the Thursday 6pm event.